Images















Sightseeing tours in Recife

Sightseeing tours in Recife

Pernambuco
Pernambuco was founded as Captaincy (Captaincy, a kind of Brazilian province in the colonial empire of Portugal). King João III. Duarte Coelho imputed it, a Portuguese nobleman, who had a lot of experience already with the colonization of India. He drove the economic development of the country with cultivation of sugar cane. Pernambuco was also one of the few prosperous captaincies.
Since 1534 the region was under Portuguese rule with a brief interlude of Dutch from 1630 to 1654 as a Dutch-Brazil. Until the beginning of the 19th century it had a high importance as a sugar exporter. In the 19th century, Pernambuco was the site of several political revolts. Today Pernambuco is one of the economically fastest growing states in Brazil.


Recife
Fortaleza The fifth largest city in Brazil, the capital of Pernambuco and is the "gateway to the North East".
Recife is located in the estuary of four rivers, Beberibe, Capiberibe, Jordão and Pina and have 39 bridges. There are also a number of islands and channels. Before the city and along the coast, a huge cliff drags on, the interrupted at the estuaries ist.Von this reef "recife" the city got its name. Extensive oyster and coral reefs protect the city that are among the most beautiful in the northeast. Duch tides occur ocean basins with warm and clear water, such as in Porto de Galinha, about 60 km south of Recife.
The area of Recife was colonized by the Portuguese in 1537. Between 1630 and 1654, this was the main base and the commercial center of the Dutch, who tried to make the Portuguese dominion over Brazil in dispute, and the colony of the Dutch-built in northeastern Brazil. The German Graf and Governor-General Maurice of Nassau, who worked for the Dutch West India Company, was regarded as the real founder of the city.
On the island of Ilha Joana Bezerra are the old quarter of Santo Antônio and São José. There you will find the Palacio das Princesas, the neoclassical Teatro Santa Isabel, which was built in 1697 Igreja da Ordem Terceira de São Francisco and the most important religious building, the small "Golden Chapel" (capela dourada). On the mainland, the Museu do Homem do Nordeste, founded by sociologists and anthropologists Gilberto Freyre, which documents the colonial history and culture of the Northeast: slavery, sugar production, handicrafts, folklore, clothing, music.
The Museu do Estado de Pernambuco contains objects of art and furniture from the colonial and imperial period in Brazil. In Recife, founded in 1636 Kahal to Israel Synagogue, the oldest synagogue in the New World is. The last remaining mooring mast for dirigibles of Zeppelin is located in Jiquiá district near the Metrô station Mangueira. It has been used since 1930 for transatlantic traffic. In recent years he has been restored several times and intended to be integrated into a landscape project of the Municipality of Recife. The largest beach town, Praia da Boa Viagem, with its (fish) restaurants is the tourist center of Recife.


Olinda
The settlement Duarte Coelho Pereira 1535 by the son of Gonçalo Coelho, founded on March 12, 1537 was charged to the city. Through the establishment of Carmelites (1580), Jesuits (1583), Franciscans (1585) and Benedictine (1586) won Olinda increasingly important for the Catholic Church. On July 15th, 1614 Territorialprälatur Pernambuco was established with headquarters in Olinda.
Apart from its beauty, Olinda is one of the cultural centers of Brazil. Olinda is known for its colorful street carnival. In the Cathedral of Olinda is the grave of Hélder Câmara.

Porto de Galinhas
Porto de Galinhas is a beach in the municipality of Ipojuca, Pernambuco, Brazil. Porto de Galinhas is a major tourist destination. The beach is famous for its bright-water beaches and the natural pools with a lot of colored fishes. It is part of the municipality of Ipojuca, and located 60 kilometers (37 mi) south of the state capital, Recife. The municipality of Ipojuca, where Porto de Galinhas read what established on November 12th , 1895.

For more informations call: 0800 275 0275